View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #59
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLady View Post
lylacfey!
THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your mom was SO FOCUSED on raising you she didn't feel she had time to play! What a LOVELY MEMORY of your Father!!!!!!!
My Mom was a big star in the crafting world back in her day. My Dad raised me so my Mom could concentrate on her career. I grew up around a large crafting stash for the taking, except my Mom's. Our basement was one big large art studio with several rooms made into studios for specific crafting like leatherwork and floral arrangement. My Mom is extremely competitive. She yanked a coloring book out of my hand one time and started coloring in it. She showed me how well her coloring was compared to mine. I think I was around eight. A friend of hers made a floral arrangement and gave it to my Mom. My Mom took the whole floral arrangement apart in front of her friend and put it back together again while she told her friend all the mistakes she made.

I don't mean to sound grumpy about it. That's the way it was growing up. She is extremely talented and her work still goes for a fortune. The older she has gotten she has realized how her competitiveness came back to bite her.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams

Last edited by lylacfey; 11-07-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!