View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
virpags
Rubber Obsessor

Maryrose, good luck to you tomorrow! My doctor actually had me not eat or drink after midnight before the surgery, and on a totally clear diet for 24 hours prior to that, so I didn't find the magnesium citrate so bad. I ended up being in surgery much longer than expected, about 6 hours, because my uterus and fibroids were much larger than the ultrasound showed. Of course, the ultrasound they had was taken in Dec. 2011 and they never ordered a more current one. I had had a d&c in January 2012 and an endometrial ablation in March 2012, and the darn things must have still kept growing!! I sure wish I could have went straight to the hysterectomy instead of messing around with the other procedures first. Even with the longer surgical time, I still was only in the hospital one night, and was home by noon the next day. I did not find surgical pain bad at all, I had more problems with my shoulders being terribly sore. For the robotic assisted hysterectomy, I guess they have you in a position that puts pressure on your shoulders, and being in surgery so long, that is the biggest problem I had. Other than that, the day after surgery I was not able to wipe myself after peeing and needed help getting in and out of bed. But the next day I was able to do both. Walking and showering were okay, so overall, I am thrilled to have it over and done with. I'm sorry if this information is tmi for some, but it might help others.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!