View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #19
sewsplendidstamper
neglecting the kids and housework

I voted no. You only have to tell me
I'm close with my friends and family and we all know if mom knows everyone knows (she called my older brother at work when I was 10 and got my first period ). I'd want the support, the possible information and a place to vent.

A VERY good friend (made over the last three years) kept her breast cancer diagnosis secret as she was fighting and going through treatment. We were all new kindergarten parents and just meeting people and I know she didn't want pity or talk or anything like that. One day I saw her at school and flat out asked her "hey tell me to eff off if you want but do you have?" didn't even need to finish the question she just looked at me and smiled and nodded and we cried for a sec and I think she needed someone outside the worry circle to know.

So wait what was the question?
Yeah personally I'd tell. But what anyone else does is their business. If my mom was ill and didn't tell I'd be furious. I recently found out after the fact about a hospitalization my sister had with a life threatening allergic reaction. It simply ended up that they needed to act quickly and then once things were ok that's when people found out. It was fast! had she been in the hospital more than a day and I didn't know I'd have been pissed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!