View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #31
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default The most amazing enchiladas in the world

Okay - no substitutesky's, because this is really good!

White Corn Tortillas from Central Market (El Milagro Blancas)
Shredded Chicken
1 onion, finely chopped (zenchop)
16 oz. Crema (stupidly, they have this next to the mexican CHEESE at CM, instead of by the sour cream, where it belongs.
8 oz. cotija cheese, crumbled
1 can evaporated milk
16 oz Herdez salsa verde (that's green for you, you cracker!)
1 cup rice
1 Knorr chicken bouillon cube (the big one)
4 tsp. Bolner's Fiesta Spanish Rice Seasoning.
Metric tons of finely shredded colby jack - (4 cups)

Cook rice as follows:

Microwave the Knorr cube in 2 C water till it dissolves - like 2 minutes. (you have to kind of smash it) Brown the dry rice and 1/3 C. of the chopped onion in a little oil in your rice pan. When toasty, add 1/2 cup (use a dry measuring cup, not a liquid measure) of the Herdez salsa verde and the chicken bouillon water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to Low, cover & cook 20 minutes or until done.

Saute the remaining onions in butter until heavenly. Set aside.

Clear your mind of all negative thoughts. Negative thoughts and dairy products produce carcinogens. Heat the oven to 350.

In a saucepan, heat the crema, evaporated milk, cotija and remaining salsa until cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth and warm. Add the heavenly onions.

Put a little sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Put down a layer of corn tortillas, tearing pieces to make an OCD person happy that it's all perfectly covered. Follow with cooked rice, chicken, cheese and the sauce & repeat till you get to the top. the top layer should be tortillas, cheese & totally covered with sauce.

Bake for 35 minutes or until all bubbly and yummy.

Eat and then send me a long email about how these are the best enchiladas you've ever had in your whole life, complete with pictures of happy dinner guests.

Rolled enchiladas are for losers. Stacked are totally cool.

(These freeze well!)

(I sub sharp cheddar for CJ and it's amazing)

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!