View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #367
Kookie Creator

Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Well, my first show on Saturday is over and I made some money I had a lot of fun too! It was very small and not many people came, but I'm glad we got the experience. It was kind of a dress rehearsal for us since we've never done one before. I learned a couple important things, like not to get the display too crowded, and that keeping money in my apron pocket would work better for me than in a metal money box. Also, I found that a regular size clip board will work better for keeping track of sales and the price list.

Our next show will be as large as this one was small - totally opposite!! My friend and I came up with a good idea for signage too. We want to make a "North Pole" out of pvc pipe: wind red tape or crepe paper around it, ball at the top. We will clamp it to the back of a table and attach a couple signs to it "Stocking Stuffers" "Gifts for Teachers" Gifts for Co-workers, Hair Dresser" etc. I'm excited about that, I think it will look cool and give us a wow factor.
I did this: craft fair set up 2010 by tat2girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers a few years ago. My spinner rack had no top and looked plain. I added this feather ball to the top of it, on a dowel, so it stood up higher. You could see it all over the room. I think it made more people wonder "what is that booth?" and come over to check it out.
Love your North Pole idea!
Ink on Skin, Ink on Paper...
...It's all the same smell!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!