View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

First, kudos to you for realizing that you need to nurture your relationship with your husband! I'm a grandma, and have been with my sweet man for 48 years! (How can that be?)

We have a spare bedroom in our house, and I could easily turn it into a craft room/studio, like so many people have. I decided NOT to do that, although I do keep all my supplies in there. I want to be accessible to my family and my husband.

I have a game-type table in my living room, right in the pathway to the kitchen, lol. I bring out what I need to the table and work on my cards there. My hubby is usually in front of the TV close by, or coming through to get a snack. He always stops and looks at what I am making. (Even though he doesn't really know what it is half the time.) He always tells me how pretty it is, and I smile, pat him, and say thank you.

Then I ask him how the game/golf tournament/etc is going. I'm not into sports, but like a lot of guys, if it has a ball in it, he loves it!

It's a little bit of trouble to bring things back and forth, but well worth it for me.

PS I have a couple of those large, flat cookie sheets with a small rim around the edges. They are great for stacking things on and transporting from one room to another. If my project is not quite finished, it can just stay waiting on the sheet until I get back to it.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!