View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #80
lori92760
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to lori92760

here is my page for the persnickety challenge.

i dont drink bottle water, drink it right out of the tap, i dont own a designer purse, not a gourmet foodie, but i am a snob when it comes to wrapping packages. i have cut my gift buying for every occasion back, not because of money because i just won't do obigatory gift giving anymore. if you get a gift from me, its because i really want you to have an item the i really thought about instead of one that i ran into the department store, closed my eyes and spun around and grabbed something and said "there, thats done." and i want it presented beautifully. when i receive a gift and someone shoves a gift bag in my direction and says "here." i always think it was an unwelcome effort on their part. it might not be, but i always have guilt that they had to go out of their way. my husband rarely buys me a gift for any occasion, but my kids told me the last time he bought me a gift, that he was watching youtube videos on how to tie bows. i do not remember the gift, but i will always always remember the effort, that he wanted me to have a beautiful package, that he did himself.

when i was a kid, we lived outside of a little town, that was outside of a bigger town. that bigger town had a weises department store (our version of macys) they had a gift wrap department and they used fabric for their bows. my only career goal until at least high school, when everyone else wanted to be teachers or stewardesses or astronauts, i wanted to be the gift wrap girl at weises. probably not healthy and my parents might have suggested higher goals and could explain a less than dynamic career now, but a true story!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!