View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
debzi333
Full of Malarky

I voted yes. I think it depends on the illness . I would tell my husband . However it saying yes, I just remembered a friend of mine who told me that when he was 21 , he was away at university and unbeknownst to him, his mother got breast cancer and his dad only called him a few days before she died, and he's never quite forgiven his dad for not telling him sooner so that he could have made his own choice to see his mom while she was weller, rather than on her death bed. So - partly I think it depends on the illness.

My mom had cervical cancer when I was 12 - 13 and I knew that. There is no way of hiding when one is going for radiation treatment etc -and I'm also glad that my dad told our family when he discovered that he had a blood cancer and knew he only had about 2 years - at that point I was in my mid forties. Depends on the illness I think.

But if it is psychiatric related, or something personal that will not affect other lives in a major way, I think it's perfectly acceptable to keep it to yourself - and maybe your husband.
The World Needs More Canada - Bono

Last edited by debzi333; 11-04-2012 at 05:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!