View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #45
creativechbdcrafts
Compulsive Stamper

lessons ive learned while craftmaking, some of them the hard way:
if you're doing bargello the strips of paper really need to be cut evenly because they will be placed alongside the other strips at random and need to fit next to each other exactly. dont try using design edge scissors or a broken paper cutter (three guess how I learned this one!)
i have learned a lot about art and techniques from reading blogs of grade school teachers
glitter glass is really made of glass and you can feel its sharpness but its not really as sharp or scary as the manufacturers want you to believe, to avoid a lawsuit probably. i would say any kid over ten can use it safely.
if youre using fluff, dont use liquid glue. use stick glue or another flat, even glue and then just rub the fluff in
if youre using powder chalks (like pebbles) go over the area with a versamark pad first so the chalk will stick to it
a clear glitter pen, like spica or wink of stella, can make a huge difference in easily brightening up plain lettering
if you take pictures of your projects, take a picture at every step. i made a base layer for a project and it came out gorgeous. i added the next layer and some embellishments and it was now not so gorgeous. unfortunately, i didnt take a pic of the first layer until it was nearly buried
pinterest projects are not always as easy or foolproof as they look!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!