View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #823
superjen
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Yikes, Kathy! Where are you staying? I would find it to be very disruptive to be out of my home for so long. I'm impressed that you are able to keep on with the card making.

The kids are mostly OK with losing Pepper. Charlotte is sad but that's because she's older and I think really gets what it means. Yesterday, Mitchell (he's only 4) said "Oh, I can eat my pizza like a picnic and Pepper won't eat it!" and plopped down on the floor to eat his slice. But they were both sad when they realized we had no one to give our "pizza bones" to. Like most dogs, Pepper was a glutton and especially liked bread. She was not above taking food right out of their hands or off their plates if it happened to be at dog level. I'm going to work on a digital book of photos and stories and that should make everyone feel warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks for asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Curry View Post
Aww, Jen, I'm so sorry about your dog. How are the kids doing with the loss? That is tough!

Well, my challenges are almost done (and I will finish), but unfortunately Hurricane Sandy has taken out our power (luckily our home is fine). I know we got lucky, there is so much devastation out there. We had to leave the house on Thursday, it was too cold for the kids without heat. And they are saying maybe another 7-10 days for the power to be restored. So I won't get my cards uploaded, but they will be finished and sent!

Think it's also a great idea to send cards through the year. I end up with lots of extras from DT projects and challenges, so that is a great idea! Going to put extras aside and mail once in a while.

Thanks to all of the hostesses, this has been so much fun and really makes you feel good to see all of these cards going to such a good cause!