View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #21
smcdonough
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
I have the old Fiskars that SU used to sell and I am finding that the blades wear out too fast for my liking. I was fine with it when I was just cutting 80 lb. SU cardstock, but in the past few months, as I've started to use heavier cardstock, I find that if the blade is anything but fairly new it shreds the edges of my heavier stuff. I just had to change out my blade so I could cut some PTI Spring Moss without having to file shreds off the edges.

I looked at the video on the SU website on this new cutter. I don't need it for cutting 12 X 12 sheets (at least I haven't yet) but I like that the platform is wider without the extension arm. But the real question - do the blades last any longer? Are they better blades? Or should I just buy a bunch of the Fiskars blades and resign myself to frequent changes?

I almost ordered the trimmer today. But I hesitated. And then tonight I wasted a whole sheet of paper trying to cut a 1 3/4 strip until I gave in and put in a new blade. Grrr.

Postscript - I am just looking around and it doesn't look like I can even find the blades for my current trimmer. Fiskars doesn't seem to be making this exact cutter anymore. All the replacement blades look different than the ones I have. Am I wrong?

Post Postscript - SU doesn't seem to sell replacement blades for the new trimmer. ??? I can't find them on the website store at all.

sigh. someone help me.
I have the Fiskars Surecut trimmer and besides the colors and some curves it is the same as the SU trimmer as far as I can tell. Take a look at the Fiskars page and see what you think. I like mine, but the blade itself is similar to the other fiskars trimmers. I don't think it wears out too fast, but I can stand some rough edges.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!