View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #41
jeanne3579
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I hate to admit this I don't know how wine labels are made. I do read Saveur. I guess that's a bit of save for my food culture.

When I make my glue dots I take another sheet of my sticker paper and lay it over the top. I store the dots in my adhesive box. Right now I have eight rolls of foam dots and double sided tape on top of my glue dots. My dots look like new with no damage. My syringe of silicone glue keeps rolling on top of them too.
Most wine labels are printed paper that's glued onto the bottles (some are painted on, but that's a different removal problem). The wine label removers I use are like a heavy clear laminate (about 5" x 6") with a strong adhesive on one side. They come on a carrier that's slick on one side so you can pull it off, stick it to the label, rub it well with a spoon, carefully pull it off and hopefully get the wine label. Actually in most cases all you get is the top printed layer and leave a thin layer of label still stuck to the bottle. Then you have the remaining exposed sticky laminate piece around the outside of the label to adhere your label to the page of your record book. I always cut off any extra label remover sheet when I can, put it back on the carrier and use it whenever I need a strong piece of adhesive. Now that you have read through all this, you are probably no smarter than before due to my poor explanation. If I want the bottle and not the label, I fill the bottle with very hot water and just peel the whole label off. I do that when I want to use a label or part of a label for a card and then just glue it where I want it. Sorry about the wordy response.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!