View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #92
lindalaskowski
Mad Swapper

I just said Good-bye to my old Grand Am. It was such a good ol' car, the years I drove it. But, we had a bad storm one weekend several years ago, and It has never been the same. We were out of town, and when we got home, there was a large tree limb laying, smashing the windshield and front of the hood. Another huge limb on our garage roof and the corner of our house. This is the third tree that has fallen on our house in the 20 years I have lived here. It has been VERY costly having repairs living in an area that is heavily treed.

In Illinois, you are liable for the damage from any tree, NOT the people that the trees belong to. The tree can be in terrible condition. Now, the first tree, we could see it slowly leaning toward our house. Bob went to our neighbor and informed her. He asked if she had a chain saw, he would help trim her tree. She wasn't concerned. A few weeks later, it felt like an earthquake hit! Insurance paid, after the deductible. Several months later our basement started leaking in our basement, in the corner the tree fell. Anyway, it was coming from our fireplace! We had to pay out of pocket--$6300-!!!

I don't know how I got carried on!!! I will miss my Grand Am!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!