I used to do the clothespin method, but added screw eyes to the head of the pin, strung several on a book ring, and hung them from cup hooks screwed into the underside of a shelf (first thumbnail). I decided that it was too "visible" and took up too much space, so I just wind the ribbons into coils and put them in the smallest Sterilite 3-drawer units (second thumbnail). I have a drawer for each color and also for "specialty" or seasonal ribbons. I was using a small strip of freezer tape to keep them from uncoiling, but found that - over time - it was leaving a bit of residue. I'm in the process now of switching over to twist ties instead - just thread the twist tie through the center of the coil and twist the two ends on the outside.
Happy for no reason...