View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #28
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne3579 View Post
Just wondering if you ever made a price comparison to the cost of the Aleene's, how many glue dots possible to what a package of the same number of glue dots cost. Good to know in a pinch, but is is truly worth it when you consider time and effort in?
Jeanne- I make my own and I do think it saves a lot of money. I like the quality of mine better. I can make the dots to fit my needs. I make strips in different sizes, dots in different sizes. It takes less than five minutes for me to make a batch. They are usually dry in twelve hours. I live in a humid area. I did a cost comparison of my glue dots. They came out less than a penny a piece over name brand and even Michael's brand.

I do understand what you meant that a lot of times in cost and time make do is not cheaper. Oh, how I now, lol. I love to make do but sometimes I am grumping about it. I have a lot of patience.

Tlady- I got my Tack It Over & Over at Michael's. You can get a huge bottle for around $6. This is what it looks like- Amazon.com: Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over Glue- 4 oz.: Office Products

You can use a coupon for it at Michael's. The glue is found in the adhesive section of the store. Not the scrapbooking adhesive section. Adhesive section is usually in the aisle with polymer clay.

I make a lot of stickers. I use a lot of stickers. I save the backings from my stickers to make my dots. I heard wax paper is a big no. I heard to use parchment paper. If you have a Xyron you can use the backing. If you have blank sticker paper you can use the backing. You can steal the backing from your kids stickers when they have finished using their sheets. Don't steal the sheet with the stickers still on. That's like a huge parenting no-no, ROFL. You can also save the sticker backing from your postal labels if you send a lot of mail. You can use the backing from address labels too.

creativechbdcrafts- I love your tips. Thank you for starting the thread. Especially love the blog verification tip. I am dyslexic so you can imagine how many times I am typing in verification.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!