View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #82
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Today seems to be a little stressful/depressing for me. I did a little bit of raking yesterday to clean the little sticks and leaves that had fallen from the storm. Last night my back and shoulder were very painful. I slept with two heating pads and took Advil every time I could. Kept up with the Advil today. My parents still don't have power. I just read on their power company website it could be another week or more. My mom's cousin called because she was worried about my mom.

Now I saw on facebook that looting has begun. I knew that was going to happen, but was hoping the good in people was going to hold out. A friend's daughter lives in NJ and her apartment was flooded an uninhabitable. They were going to go in by boat tomorrow to get out a few things. The police are armed with GUNS at gas stations because of problems and now the waterways are closed, too. Because of the looting, so she can't get in to her home.

I knew this was going to happen. I knew it. So why am I feeling so sad about it right now?