View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Hardware Hotshot
Default New SU cutter... Should I buy it?

I have the old Fiskars that SU used to sell and I am finding that the blades wear out too fast for my liking. I was fine with it when I was just cutting 80 lb. SU cardstock, but in the past few months, as I've started to use heavier cardstock, I find that if the blade is anything but fairly new it shreds the edges of my heavier stuff. I just had to change out my blade so I could cut some PTI Spring Moss without having to file shreds off the edges.

I looked at the video on the SU website on this new cutter. I don't need it for cutting 12 X 12 sheets (at least I haven't yet) but I like that the platform is wider without the extension arm. But the real question - do the blades last any longer? Are they better blades? Or should I just buy a bunch of the Fiskars blades and resign myself to frequent changes?

I almost ordered the trimmer today. But I hesitated. And then tonight I wasted a whole sheet of paper trying to cut a 1 3/4 strip until I gave in and put in a new blade. Grrr.

Postscript - I am just looking around and it doesn't look like I can even find the blades for my current trimmer. Fiskars doesn't seem to be making this exact cutter anymore. All the replacement blades look different than the ones I have. Am I wrong?

Post Postscript - SU doesn't seem to sell replacement blades for the new trimmer. ??? I can't find them on the website store at all.

sigh. someone help me.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes...

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY

Last edited by Rachelrose; 11-01-2012 at 04:34 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!