View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Kathlyn47
Rubber Obsessor

Default How do I color like this?

I want to learn to color my cards soooooo much. So recently I bought a no. of Distress Inks and the necessary tools and have been watching Tim Holtz tutorials and practicing. I love, love, love the OnyxXpressions "Oriental Aura" photopolymer stamps and the techniques used to color the cards. For example:
OnyxXpressions • Beautiful, black unmounted rubber art stamps and mounting accessories

Just last night I ordered the Torii Gate in Winter stamp (bottom left corner) and several others:
OnyxXpressions • Oriental Aura OA38 • Beautiful, black unmounted rubber art stamps • Custom Name Stamps

So how do I color a card like this using the Torii Gate stamp? I love the muted, abstract coloring in the water, mountains and ski.

OnyxXpressions Art Gallery • OA-9955c • Beautiful, black unmounted rubber art stamps • Mounting Accessories • Custom Name Stamps
If someone could lead me in the right direction as to what techniques were used so I know where to go to learn. Was the white card stamped first and then colored? Were the colors brushed on the stamp and then stamped. I guess I'm looking for procedure, like which came first the stamp or the color. I would greatly appreciate anyone's input and suggestions on how to obtain this look.

Last edited by Kathlyn47; 11-01-2012 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: wrong link
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!