View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #4601
mrussom
Pearl-ExPert

I have thought of doing some framed art (simple stamped or die cut pictures) for the fairs, but I never seem to get around it. I try to do something new each year but that usually means just a different pattern for gift cards or candy. But those thing sell. My table is mostly under $5 items and yes you need to sell a lot to make money, but under $5 sell quite well. I have been to sales where there are papercrafters there (last year was the first time that I ran into one at every sale I did) and they had bigger ticket items or way more involved items (like gift tags that were 4 for $5 - they were beautiful) but she wasn't selling much. Maybe time wise she made more money than I did because the little things take so long to make, but I do it when I'm 'wasting time' watching tv. But I did love her stuff and did buy the tags for special gifts.

And I will also say that I am SHOCKED (not really but) when people buy my candy items (like the MM sticks) and just walk away eating them! Apparently they wanted a candy fix and they were going to pay whatever for it.

last year I put my left over Halloween candy on my table (the one I do this weekend) to get rid of it but people just ate the candy and didn't buy MY candy I was selling. So I'm not going to do that this year. If they want candy, they gotta pay for it!

MY GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!