View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
heatherla
Crimping Master

Heart Can't find a job :(

I've had a horrible year. Last November I lost the centre part of my vision- with the help of technology I can see to read and write, so my biggest hinder is not driving. I'm two semesters away from two degrees but I had to wait a year to reapply back in to university because of what happened. My degrees and experience are all in justice and social services.

In August I miscarried twins, which was our third miscarriage. We moved in September to a small town in BC. We love it here, but still don't know a lot of people.

I can't drive, so I spend most of my time alone at home. I have sent out my resume and the people whom I talk with say I have great qualifications but they are simply not hiring. I am trying to volunteer but a lot of the places don't take volunteers.

If I could drive, I would go clean houses or something. If I could see I would do retail.

I used to do SU and am thinking about that again since there isn't a demo here.

Is there anything else I can do? I have had two meetings with an employment agency but yet again, no one in my field is hiring. I need some form of an income, not to pay the bills but just enough to gain some independence, you know?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!