View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #4595
taylorjudi
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Last year at one of the fairs there was another booth with gift card holders and cards; and she's copied my popular design from year before last and her goods were cheaper. You know where I'm getting with that yes that affected my sales; and last year she bought a couple of my gift cards and I expect to see them at her booth this year

I guess there's not much I can do about the fact that there's another booth with similar goods and cheaper prices; because of the quality of material I use I can't bring my prices down further.
I am doing a show that I was at as a customer last year, There was a lady making the same types of items as I am making, but hers were poor quality. She printed stuff off the internet onto copy paper and used construction paper as her bases. (items such as Grinch Pills) I made sure she was not going to be there this year before I signed up. It would not have been fair to her if I had the same items, but better quality. I signed-up late so I could be sure no one else is selling the same stuff. This is only my second year, but I sold about $400.00 worth of items last year (at 3 shows), and already sold $195.00 this year at my first show. Some of the sales were from people who took my name and called me after the show. Craft Fairs are so much fun!
Judi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!