View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #6081
GRKIDDO
Polyshrink Goddess

I was going to state also that it is illegal in some states to post a minimum charge amount. Having a background in retail AND banking, I always like to point that out when I see a retailer that has this posted.

Drying out from Sandy. We were without power, and my kids' school and my work are also power-less. Kids went back to school with no power today--which is a sore subject, and were sent home at 12:30. They will most likely do this the rest of the week until power is restored. Not sure if my work will be open tomorrow, or if it will be day 4 of no pay. BUT it could be a lot worse! So I am thankful for that! The upside, when my power came on I was able to get some crafting done. And I worked on coloring images I need for items up until I could no longer see. The downside...I think we lost our desktop computer. We cant get it to turn on. When out power did go on, none of the outlets in our kitchen worked. I went to try the dryer to see if it was a circut, and everything in the kitchen worked. I stopped the dryer, and it all went back out! Weirdest thing! I wanted to make hot water and had to go start the dryer first! LOL But anyway it is fixed now. Still thousands of families in the area without power...keeping all effected by Sandy in my prayers!

Also the rescheduled Halloween for this coming Saturday evening. There are so many power lines down, and trees down, that they decided it wasnt safe for the kids. Also, with no power in neighborhoods, there are no lights, making visibility worse then normal! I never heard of resceduling Halloween, so hopefully come Saturday there will be people handing out candy. The kids were so disappointed tonight.

Last edited by GRKIDDO; 10-31-2012 at 08:54 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!