View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #108
cbet
Pearl-ExPert

The problem is, I have a whole crafting cave in my basement that is overflowing with all these things I needed so i could keep saving money by making my own cards Luckily, my husband says that he's still saving money on cards, because he's not buying the materials and tools to make them. (When we were still newlyweds, we decided that each of us would get a weekly "allowance" to spend on anything we wanted with no comments allowed from the other. Nipped many an argument in the bud.)

Re: The Hammermill cardstock - I haven't seen it at Walmart. It's available at Amazon, and i was able to order some from our regular office supply vendor at work. With the Georgia Pacific, the lines of the image didnt' run, just the marker ink bled out past the border. I'm sure I was just using too heavy a hand, but with the Hammermill I'm not having that problem.

I just love the tutorials on the Spectrum Noir site. I paid for an online coloring class a while back and I'm getting much more useful information from the SN site than I got from that class.