Challenge Title: A Walk in the Woods
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Date: Wednesday, October 31st, 2012
I walk every day. A long, long walk. And sometimes I geocache which makes something I love even more fun. I love being outside. I love the peace it brings to my day, I love the solitude, I love the birds and the animals I see, and I love all the hidden green spaces in my town.
I think one of the most difficult things about being in the hospital is being cut off from nature, and that is the inspiration for my challenge. I want you to bring all the majesty and beauty of the outdoors to a lady who may be stuck inside for a while while she's not feeling well.
For this challenge use any outdoorsy inspiration. I am including some pictures from my daily walks which you may also use if you'd like, but just let your imagination and your environment be your guide.
Thank you all for being here this month - it means so much to so many, and I'm so grateful for your art, your enthusiasm, your empathy and your time. You've made October so special for all of us at Splitcoast. xo.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges
, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!