View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #105
cbet
Pearl-ExPert

I should have never opened this thread

I'd managed to resist the siren song of Copics because they are so pricey and I am not an artist - just someone who likes to play with her toys. Love my colored pencils and OMS, and can do alright with watercolor markers used as paints. Didn't need anything else, nosirree.

But these Spectrum Noir are more reasonably priced! And they're packaged in sets where I don't have to figure out what colors will work together! And they sell them at Joann's, where I can use coupons!

So now I own 8 of the sets and I'll be accumulating the rest. I did have some problems with the color bleeding outside the lines, but I picked up some Hammermill Color Copy Digital 80lb Cardstock (found it recommended somewhere on a Copic thread) and oh my, what a difference that makes!

I haven't managed to complete a card, but I have played around quite a bit and have figured out how to color a couple of people stamps where I could never get the skin tone to look anywhere near natural.

Hubby is so happy that I'm into a hobby that saves us so much money! Instead of buying Christmas cards, I bought a stamp - on sale! - and then only needed $80 worth of markers to color it to my satisfaction