Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an ink organizer....

I'm getting back into stamping (sold all my stuff a few years ago). Right now I only have about 20 stamp pads (SU) and now I'm looking to get an organizer for them instead of just throwing them in a box, like I have been.

As of right now, I'm not sure if I'll end up buying all of SU's ink pads, I'm just buying the colors that I know I'll be using. I'm only making Christmas cards right now. Maybe down the line, I'll venture out into other cards (so I might need more colors, who knows). But to be prepared in case I do end up with all the colors, I'd like to get an organizer that will hold 48 inks, markers and the refills.

I've been tossing around the idea of buying the wood and having my brother make me one (he's a carpenter) but looking at the prices on ebay of similar products, he said it'd be about the same amount of money in lumber to build one. So if that's the case, I would just buy one. Or what do you think of the quality of SU's color caddy? I thought I had read a couple years ago that it was kind of flimsy. Any thoughts?

And another question...do you like the kind that swivels, whether it's SU's color caddy or a wood one? Or would you rather have one that either mounts on the wall or sits on your desk that is stationary so you can see all the inks at once?

Where did you buy yours and I'm also looking for a decent price too. Thanks for your help.

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 784 Likes on 320 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslexView Post
I'm getting back into stamping (sold all my stuff a few years ago). Right now I only have about 20 stamp pads (SU) and now I'm looking to get an organizer for them instead of just throwing them in a box, like I have been.

As of right now, I'm not sure if I'll end up buying all of SU's ink pads, I'm just buying the colors that I know I'll be using. I'm only making Christmas cards right now. Maybe down the line, I'll venture out into other cards (so I might need more colors, who knows). But to be prepared in case I do end up with all the colors, I'd like to get an organizer that will hold 48 inks, markers and the refills.

I've been tossing around the idea of buying the wood and having my brother make me one (he's a carpenter) but looking at the prices on ebay of similar products, he said it'd be about the same amount of money in lumber to build one. So if that's the case, I would just buy one. Or what do you think of the quality of SU's color caddy? I thought I had read a couple years ago that it was kind of flimsy. Any thoughts?

And another question...do you like the kind that swivels, whether it's SU's color caddy or a wood one? Or would you rather have one that either mounts on the wall or sits on your desk that is stationary so you can see all the inks at once?

Where did you buy yours and I'm also looking for a decent price too. Thanks for your help.
I made my ink pad holder out of foam board and I really like it. It doesn't hold the reinkers though. My upline has the SU color caddy and she likes it. She put it on a plastic lazy Susan for easier turning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

organizemore.com. Wonderful storage products, a little pricey but sometimes they have 10-20% off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 04:45 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I like the two ink/reinker organizers that I bought from organizemore.com

Another option is using ArtBins that have the dividers. I use those when I want to transport my ink pads. Use coupons to get them at Joann's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want one that swivels but is also portable for crops. Whether its finding a tote bag/case for the color caddy or another option, I want something soon as I have three Su color collections and some additional single pads sitting on my desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have 2 ink organizers from organize more and I LOVE them! They are so well made, built to be mounted to a wall if you'd prefer a wall-mount unit, and they are packed so well for shipping that you can be assured any unit you buy from them will arrive undamaged. Organize more is a family-owned business and each unit they make is made on a first-come-first-served basis so you will need to wait a few weeks from the time you place your order to when you receive your order from them. But they are well worth the wait!

Welcome to OrganizeMore! - easy organizing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by plkelleyView Post
organizemore.com. Wonderful storage products, a little pricey but sometimes they have 10-20% off.
What great storage products,thanx for sharing. jo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

I have a SU Color caddy that holds 48 classic or craft stamp pads. If you are interested .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I found this helpful hint on this website. I have gone to thrift stores in the local area and look at old 8 track and cartridge holders they fit both SU and other brands. If you are lucky you can even find one that swivels. One of my favorites that holds my non SU inks and pigment inks holds a lot and it only cost about $ 4.00 and swivels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

OP here....

Well I went out today in search of something to hold my ink pads. I tried the thrift shop (nothing). I also went to Target to get a DVD tower (to hold my clear mount stamp sets in--LOVE IT) then I went over to Michaels to see if they sold anything.

Didn't find what I was looking for BUT I did find something that will work for me. Maybe not for everyone, but this will do just fine!!!

I bought one of those photo boxes at Michaels. I brought it home, turned it on it's side horizontally and put the SU ink pads in it. I can easily fit 30 of them with no problem at all (I only have maybe 20 or so right now). You can fit 3 across/10 high. And then if I decide to buy more ink pads down the line, I can easily buy another photo box. Not bad for a $3 purchase.

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

I have two SU! color caddy. I love mine. I keep them on top of some of my shelving so they are right behind where I sit and easy to get at. I love that they swivel. I find that if you counter balance how you put your ink pads in, the caddy is fine. What I mean by that is, you can't fill up one entire row and have the others empty or it will lean to one side. But, if you try and fill up the 4 rows sort of evenly, then it sits upright and is totally functional. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #12  

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone who wants a wall mounted unit my DH built me one a few years ago and then wrote up the instructions on my blog. For someone with some handy skills it could probably be built fairly easily. I think mine was super inexpensive too.

Here are the instructions:

Did You Stamp Today?: Guest Blogger! Learn how to build your own ink pad storage!

My Blog: Did You Stamp Today? | Fab Friday Challenge Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use a cassette tape box that hangs on the wall and it is perfect for me. So far all my brands of ink will fit. I also put my small embelishments in there, the ones that come in the little round plastic containers with lids, they fit perfectly. Like the OP I use a DVD rack for my cling stamps and also store embossing folders and dies in it as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

I got my SU color caddy on craigslist for $20.00 plus it had the extender for extra pads. I like the swivel-ness of it as well. Totally happy with my find.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #15  

Received 784 Likes on 320 Posts

You know how I said my upline liked her SU caddy? Well I was at her house today, and she told me that she wasn't that happy with hers. She said the swivel thingy didn't work well and she had to put it on a lazy susan. Also the pads are not real easy to get in and out.

I thought I really wanted one because I thought it was such a space saver. Do any of you who have one have the same problems with yours?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandypandyView Post
For anyone who wants a wall mounted unit my DH built me one a few years ago and then wrote up the instructions on my blog. For someone with some handy skills it could probably be built fairly easily. I think mine was super inexpensive too.

Here are the instructions:

Did You Stamp Today?: Guest Blogger! Learn how to build your own ink pad storage!

Wow. Looks beautiful. TFS

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieLPView Post
I have 2 ink organizers from organize more and I LOVE them! They are so well made, built to be mounted to a wall if you'd prefer a wall-mount unit, and they are packed so well for shipping that you can be assured any unit you buy from them will arrive undamaged. Organize more is a family-owned business and each unit they make is made on a first-come-first-served basis so you will need to wait a few weeks from the time you place your order to when you receive your order from them. But they are well worth the wait!

Welcome to OrganizeMore! - easy organizing.

I'm also a fan of Organizemore. I have 4 of their products and love each one.

I store my reinkers in Univenture binders (see pic). I have a ton of reinkers and I like that I can store them on a shelf. I also use these binders to store my unmounted stamps & stickles.

My son made the racks for my SU pads - sorry they aren't for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for an ink organizer....-001.jpg   Looking for an ink organizer....-dscn1336.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #18  
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

I have this one http://store.scrapbook.com/bss-300pi1002.html
I don't travel with my craft supplies but it works great on my craft table

I LOVE IT!
Reply With Quote Likes