View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #111
sewflake
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
Hi ladies. I've been MIA the last week and a half because life got busy. I'm designing a card workshop for this Friday, and then I get to scrapbook all day Saturday, so hopefully I will have some fun stuff to put in the gallery soon! In the meantime, does anyone have a good embossing machine they can recommend? I was considering the Cuttlebug, but I already have a Wishblade and a Cricut so I don't need the die-cutting feature. I just want to do embossing on cards. Any suggestions or thoughts?
As far as I can figure out, all styles of embossing/cutting machine do well for embossing. The only only thing you need to decide is how much you want to spend and how wide of embossing folders you will be using. They come in 5x7 (embossing folder). Most if not all machines allow you to cut/embossing long strips, all you need to do is purchase one of the long plates for the machine.

I cut a slot in the top fold of the folder then slide the 12 inch strip through and re embossed for a 12x12 page. I'll make a note on my scrap page when I get time to photo and post. Just be sure you don't cut too close to the edges of the folder.

The Big Shot I have was given to me as a gift but I think you can usually get them from one of the big box stores with a coupon. They are a little pricey but last and last and last. They do take up counter space and some are heavy but it works like a dream. Plus I like the fact you can use thin folders, dies, or the thick dies. Now if you are only interested in embossing, I think the Cuttle Bug would work well for you. It is much lighter weight, not as big or heavy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!