View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #4565
AnnetteMac
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I know what you mean! When my hubby is at my table and I am walking towards it (after a wee break), I hear him gushing that his wife makes everything. It is so adorable.

Even funnier though - when he arrives at a show to help me (after set-up), the first thing he does is walk all around and reports back to me about which people "stole" ideas from me. It is so funny. I tell him that there are lots of on-line tutorials about how to do things too.

Only once have I noticed someone actually stole my idea. I know because I created the digital image on the item. The year prior, they bought the item from me (I remember them) and the following year, they used my image and poem in black and white (obviously photocopied because mine was a colour image). Oh well - what can you do?!
It's funny when people do this and claim it's their own. I had written my own friendship tea poem one year and sold tons at a local Christams craft sale. That spring someone was selling them with the same poem at the farmer's market. The lady next to me asked her where she got the poem and she claimed that she wrote it herself. I couldn't believe my ears! I had spent hours trying to come up with the last line! I waited until the customer left and said "I worked hard coming up with that poem, the least you could do is change a few words. Oh, and thanks for supporting my Christmas sale." Then I walked away.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!