Challenge Title: Who Let the Dogs Out?
Hostess: Tammie E
Date: Friday, October 26, 2012
Hello and welcome to the 3rd Annual Hope You Can Cling To
card drive! As the month begins to wind down, I hope you've had the opportunity to participate in some (or all) of the challenges. It's such an amazing event and and we're glad to have you join us in this worthy cause!
Cancer affects almost everyone in one way or another; whether it's you, a family member or a friend. 2012 has been exceptionally tough for my family...we lost both my mother- and father-in-law to cancer in July and September of this year. It's the continued support of family and friends that helps us get through this difficult time in our lives.
My challenge to you:
make a project to support someone that may be having a "ruff" day. Your project must
have a dog on it. Although it is not a requirement to include pink, it would be great if you could work it in!
I can't wait to see what you create! Remember, to be eligible for prizes, you must upload your project to the HYCCT gallery. Have fun!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thanks to Dina, Sabrina, Patricia and Bridget for making samples and a special thanks to YOU for participating in this card drive!