Please join us for another SCS Michigan Mingle!
Voluntarily Hosted By:
Patty (Pattyb), Lorien (vz5dzh) and Tracy (TracyM.)
March 15 & 16, 2013
Location: DoubleTree Hotel in Novi, MI
$75/person as long as spots are available – All Registrations must be received by 2/1/13
, regardless if we are full or not
Total No. of Spots Available:
This event is designed as a SplitCoastStampers Community Event. You are welcome to invite friends, but we do ask that they register a screen name here at SCS and really make an effort to participate in the "chat”
thread(<---click this link). It really makes the event more fun when you have chatted with people ahead of time and gotten to know them a little bit.
There will be no vendors
at this event. Vendors will not have anything on display nor will there be anything for you to purchase. The intent of the weekend is to meet and get to know other SCS'rs, not acquire customers. Solicitation of any sort is strongly discouraged.
The theme of this year’s event is “Island Mingle”. This weekend retreat is intended for you to relax, stamp and laugh with your old friends while making new ones. It means wearing your most comfy clothes - PJ's if you want too, shopping nearby if your heart desires (you can do that in your PJ’s too if you want!) and not worrying about what the kids are doing – they will survive without you (they just might need bath when you get home!).
You can expect:
• Limbo Contest (optional)
• Tacky Tourist Attire Contest (optional)
• Tropical Decor contest (it will be saving your seat)
• Prize drawings throughout the weekend
• Food - Friday night snacks, breakfast and lunch on Saturday
• Organized swapping of your choice (optional)
• Stampin’ Mojo door prizes (optional; but you must stick to the rules or be disqualified at check-in)
• Creative Challenge activity (optional)
• This is a 2-day event (hours are listed on the Registration Form)
• Registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
• This is an ADULT only event; 18 and older please
• Each registrant's SCS screen name MUST be included on their Registration form
• Registration will be determined in the order payment is received; emails or PM's in advance of payment will not be considered "placeholders"
• If your Registration/Payment is received and there are no spots left, you will be notified via PM and your payment will be promptly returned to you vis the SASE you included
• Check Post #2, when you see your name on that list, it means your completed Registration was received
• SASEs (Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope (business letter size) with $.64 postage) will be used to send materials to attendees prior to the event (expect to receive this in late January/early February; I will PM you when it has been mailed out
Swapping - participation is optional:
• Please follow the instructions in Post#4 to sign up for as many types of swaps as you’d like to participate in
• Including the card recipe is optional, but very much appreciated. If you choose to include the recipe, please put it on a post-it note and place the post-it note inside the card
• We will have a specific time set aside on Friday night to facilitate all of the organized swaps (you will not have time to "finish" your swaps at the Mingle, so please arrive with them finished and ready to swap)
• We will have a display wall for the swaps, please bring an extra swap for display that will later be donated to "Operation Write Home"
• If you decide not to come to the Mingle after swapping has closed - YOU are still responsible for upholding your swap committment and contacting Lorien in advance to make the appropriate arrangements. YOU will be responsible for all postage.
A block of rooms has been reserved for both Friday and Saturday night. Rooms have either one king bed, two double beds (1st floor) or two queen beds (2nd floor) for $89/night regardless of which type of room you choose. Please contact the hotel directly at 248-344-8800 to make your reservation with the “Michigan Mingle” group. A credit card will be needed to reserve your sleeping room. If you are looking for a roommate, pls. post your desire on the chat thread. The room block is only available until 2/25/13. If the room block is full or you have problem making your initial reservation, pls. send a PM to TracyM. For those of you that have phone phobia, you can make your reservation online by following this special link
Wi-fi at the Hotel
The hotel does have wi-fi, but it is not free and we do not have it in our meeting space. A guest may purchase wi-fi for $9.95 for a 24-hour period. The code will allow wi-fi access in your sleeping room and our meeting space. The code can be used by all of the people staying in that particular guest room. However, please remember that plugs are extremely limited in the meeting space and we don't want to create any tripping hazards with cords.
Tentative Schedule of the “Island Mingle” Events
(events subject to change as determined by the coordinators)
• Registration - Open from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
• Limbo Contest (to get you loosened up for the catwalk)
• Tacky Tourist Costumed Catwalk
• Tropical Decor Contest viewing
• Organized Swapping
• Git-your-stampin-mojo-flowing activity
• Open Stamp/Mingle
• Continental Breakfast (regardless if you are staying at the hotel or not)
• Delicious Hot Lunch with dessert
• Creative Challenge
• Raffle Prizes/Auction
• Awards & Accolades
• Open Stamp
As additional information becomes available about the event specifics, it will be posted here. Another thread has been set up to "chat" on and get to know one another before the event. Please go to the "chat" thread and introduce yourself, don't be shy! If you have any questions, you can also post on the thread I just referenced and one of the hosts will respond to you.