View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #150
piccadillie
Stazon Splitcoast

He went and did chores, and I stayed up. His mom had a dr's apt this am, and someone still needed to get her there, I was elected. When I picked her up, I asked her if she wanted to go to the hospital to be with the kids, not to see him, since there's still hard feelings there. She said no. I even tried to guilt her into it, but she said no.

The daughter that came from out of town said she would take her home so I could stay at the hospital with Dan. All of his siblings were there this am. I called into work thinking the worst. Well about 1.30 we headed home, and Dan thought I should come into work, since we were going to take the night shift at the hospital tonight. Two of Dan's sisters are there right now, and we're going up after I get out of work. We'll spend the night, Dan will leave to do chores in the am, then I will leave when his sisters come back up. We have to clean cattle pens tomorrow, as we are suppose to be digging sugar beets on Saturday.

It's bad. They have a c-pap machine on him. If they take it off for even a drink of water his 02 drops. The pulmonologist came in and basically said that machine is breathing for him. I questioned Dan, the family doesn't want him on a tube, but this machine is basically doing the same thing. Although he is also filling with fluid, because he's not getting enough 02 to his heart to pump the fluid out of his lungs. He does have a cath, so he doesn't have to get up and constantly go to the bathroom.

His dad does know what's going on, and still has a sense of humor. I told him when I left early that I would bring him a candy bar and when I got back, he wanted to know where it was.

Not alot to go on, it's pretty much wait and see, yet life goes on.
I wish for peace and comfort for my family.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!