View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
SkyNacho
Hardware Hotshot

Distress Inks are meant to have a distressed look. They will not give you a sharp, crisp image when you stamp with them. That's how that particular ink is. My personal favorite dye ink is Memento, but even a few of those colors sometimes run on me.

I was able to get the most improvement in my stamping by putting a piece of foam under my surface when I stamp. I started with the piece that comes with every CTMH set but now use this little foam pad I bought from Stampin Up.

Also, not all clear stamps are created equal-- photopolymer is a better choice than acrylic, so that may be a factor. (I am pretty much over certain brands of stamps for that reason.) Also, with the inexpensive stamps, you might find you have better luck with a pigment ink. I like the inks from amuse and impress rubber stamps (Impress's are under the brand Fresh Ink).

Good luck! Bad results are why I stopped stamping the first two times I started. By the third go around I was able to find things that worked. Hope you can, too!