View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #32
jeanne3579
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaejane View Post
As quiltmum says, the trick is not to get the label wet before your first attempt. You can sometimes dig off the label without leaving the adhesive behind, but often some or all of it will be left. From my experience, most products need two tries if the label is still there: first one to shift the label and second to remove the adhesive, so it's good to get the label off before you start: if it won't dig off, trying soaking it off. I use WD40 sprayed onto kitchen towel to remove the adhesive, moving onto other parts of the towel and re-spraying regularly because the adhesive glues up the part of the towel you were using. I find that washing the jar in my normal washing-up - possibly with a bit of added washing-up liquid spread on the label area - cleans the jar and removes the smell of WD40.

For postage stamps I've removed: if they're still sticky on the back, I store them on the empty backing sheets from address labels or postage stamps I've bought. Wondering if using embossing buddy or cornstarch might make it difficult to adhere them to a project?

Lynda
Thanks so much for sharing your ideas. I never considered WD-40, but will give it a try for those pesky labels that won't come off with Goo Gone.

Mine didn't end up with enough stick on the back to stay on a carrier sheet, but enough to stick together somewhat. I plan to adhere them with tape or glue, so it appears to work even with the embossing buddy powder on it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!