View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
AimeeInOhio
Rubber Obsessor

Most of my things are stored to be easily portable. I use lunch boxes for lots of things- chipboard, stickles, etc. Close to My Heart has just come out with some nice storage containers- I've now got my Stickles in the small organizer (the lunch box no longer wanted to close LOL) and love it.

My tools are in a pink tool bag from Sears (Craftsman) that was only $10.00. I use it both at home and away. In it I have the little xyron "x", ATG gun and a couple of refills, scissors (a few pairs), ruler, pens, pencil & post it notes, Distress inks- Black Soot & Vintage Photo along with their foams and one tool, Miracle Tape (1/4"), craft knife, poker tool, small cutting mat, circle punch, 4x4" journal stamp (lines), sanding block, tiny attacher, glue dots, Glossy Accents, Rock Candy Distress Stickles, tiny tube of E600 glue, edge distressed, band aids, baby wipes, Archival jet Black ink pad...I may have forgotten a couple of items.

My Distress items are all in one place- the Square utility Tote from 31. I reinforced the sides & bottom with foam core, and made a couple of divides with it as well. All of the Distress Inks, handles, foams, re-inkers, and stains are in this tote, along with Perfect Pearls and Perfect Medium pad. It looks cute siting on the shelf, and it's easy to grab it to go.

My other ink pads live in another location, but there's enough room in my tool bag that if I decide to take any of them, they can go into the tool bag.

I sort my papers, stickers, etc by season or theme into Art Bin totes. For example- I have one that is Disney. All of the Disney paper, stickers, die cuts, buttons, trims, etc, go into it. I have one that is fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving. One that is Christmas/Winter. One that is Easter/Valentines/Birthday. I keep one Art Bin full of card stock so it's ready to take to crops. One that is full of patterned papers (stuff that I use a lot, that doesnt fit a theme). So it's REALLY easy to pack for a crop.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!