View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #1101
Avoca Sue
Stazon Splitcoast

Had a meeting today and all I can say is I hope Karma bites him and bites him hard. I am going to focus on the positives in my life. I have a job. I don't have a lot of extra $$$ right now, but my bills are paid (and on time too) and there is food in my house. I am comfortable in my own home - it's old and needs lots of work, but it is mine.

I just have bad days and earlier today it was one of those days. First the meeting that went downhill really fast - final court date will be scheduled and hopefully this will be over before the end of the year. The other bad thing was this afternoon, I went to my garage to get something out and found a little stray dog. The poor little guy had passed away in my garage. He was a little grey & white chihuahua - appear to be a pure-bred too. No collar and no tags. My garage is really old and the doors do not shut completely, so he was not trapped in there. Think he was probably living in there during the last cold snap. Could see no trauma, but he was just skin and bones. Two of my neighbors had both tried to catch him within the last few days, they had been able to get him to eat too. But...

I just feel so bad that he had to pass without someone caring for him. I think I cried for an hour - such a senseless thing. Don't know if he was a runaway or if someone dumped him. He was so tiny, even healthy and chubby would probably only have weighed about 3#. Just breaks my heart. If I had known he was in there, I would have found someway to pen him in so that I could have made sure he had enough food and water and some old blankets to keep warm.

Think finding the little guy is what made this day so horrible.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!