View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #1899
SophieLaFontaine
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelita_uno View Post
...for weeks I've kept my lips tightly closed as the congregation prayed for god's insight and justice in keeping marriage between one man and one woman (while many of my divorced and remarried neighbors pray away without the slightest hint of hypocrisy). I have deleted all the political emails from my husband's aunt regarding following god's will into the voting booth (from a woman who had a child out of wedlock, was married, divorced and remarried). Calls to "protect the sanctity of life" flood my mailbox and inbox when it's really a call to "protect the sanctity of conception". Life after birth is an after thought.

If you haven't watched the video of the Missouri Pastor and his support of gay rights, it did offer me a glimmer of hope in our nation. As did VP Biden's comments during the VP debate stating that while he lived his personal life according to his faith, he said it was just that, personal.

Ladies, thanks for letting me vent. It's nice to have a place do it.
About gay rights - every time I get discouraged, I think, "well, there is a silver lining". That silver lining is, that half (or more) of all gay couples will be spared the hassle of a divorce. I'm assuming of course, that if all gays have the right to marry, eventually half of them (like straights) will get divorced. Not much of a silver lining, but it cheers me up nevertheless.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!