Cook22
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Challenge Title: Chicken S-O-U-P
Hostess: Cook22 aka Sabrina
Keyword: HYCCT1223
Date: Tuesday, October 23rd 2012

To this day I can't make cream of chicken soup without being reminded of a dear friend who stayed with us over twenty years ago when she was first diagnosed with, and being treated for, breast cancer. She had a terrible time with her chemo and couldn't really eat for a couple of days afterwards, so the day she went in for her treatment I'd cook up a big pot of cream of chicken soup, and it would be ready waiting when I picked her up from hospital the next day.

So my challenge to you is to use a chicken (hens and roosters are acceptable too ) on your card, and elements that spell the word S-O-U-P.
No chicken stamps? There are plenty of possibilities with punch art and even with finger painting.
S - Spellbinders, stripes, silver, scallops, shoes...
O - ovals, orange, orchids, office supplies...
U - umbrellas, UTEE, underwear, ultramarine blue. As far as I'm concerned parsley and carrots (and Queen Anne's Lace) are all part of the Umbelliferae family so if you want to go all out with the soup theme, be my guest ...
P - PINK, pearls, peacocks, poppies, patina...
Be as imaginative as you wish, but please do share your "spelling" in your write-up so we can all enjoy your super-creativity.
And please pay attention to all the uploading instructions, including the first one if you want to be eligible for prizes.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive!

I have some lovely samples to inspire you and whet your appetite - my thanks to my assistant chefs meerkat3 (Leslie), muzbysmom (Lynn) and PH in VA (Patricia) for cooking up such tasty treats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223c22.jpg (91.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223bc22.jpg (82.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223-ChickenSOUP_by_meerkat3.JPG (44.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223lynnssample.jpg (33.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (66.4 KB, 17 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!