View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #1898
raquelita_uno
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I give! I just can't take it anymore!

I just caught an article stating that some parents in a California public school district object to free yoga classes being taught to their children because they don't want their children forced into meditation, Hinduism or Ashtanga yoga. Seriously ladies, I'm about ready to wave the white flag on rational thought and sane reactions of my fellow countrymen and women. As a physical education teacher, I use yogo in all my classes for all age levels with no connection to religion but instead as a way to zone in on your body and breathing, to improve strength and flexiblity and to promote non-medicated way for kids to calm down and find some inner peace in their often crazy lives. I feel as though I'm on the cusp of living in a Talibanesque society composed of members who stick their fingers in their ears, close their eyes and say "lalalalalalala" to anyone who doesn't see the world exactly the way they do. I am honestly feeling down right frantic right now!

I still attend church as I enjoy the sense of community, still feel a sense of obligation and am more agnostic than atheist but for weeks I've kept my lips tightly closed as the congregation prayed for god's insight and justice in keeping marriage between one man and one woman (while many of my divorced and remarried neighbors pray away without the slightest hint of hypocrisy). I have deleted all the political emails from my husband's aunt regarding following god's will into the voting booth (from a woman who had a child out of wedlock, was married, divorced and remarried). Calls to "protect the sanctity of life" flood my mailbox and inbox when it's really a call to "protect the sanctity of conception". Life after birth is an after thought.

If you haven't watched the video of the Missouri Pastor and his support of gay rights, it did offer me a glimmer of hope in our nation. As did VP Biden's comments during the VP debate stating that while he lived his personal life according to his faith, he said it was just that, personal.

Ladies, thanks for letting me vent. It's nice to have a place do it.

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!