View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
jn_leger
Mad Swapper

Heart Mailings for Maddy - help needed!!!

To all my friends at SCS,

I would like to tell you about a wonderful little girl who needs your help. Madison is a seven year old girl who has Autism and Leukemia. She was also my student up until March of last year when her Leukemia returned and she required hospitalization. For almost eight months now, she has been in the Children's Hospital in London, Ontario. Madison is a very sick little girl, but despite this, she still finds a reason to smile and giggle! Madison's mom is a single parent and has made several sacrifices in her life to deal with both Madison's Autism and Leukemia. She is an incredibly strong person who has to deal with things that no parent should go through. Since Madison has been sick, she has not been working and has decided to sell her hobby farm and house so she can be with her daughter 24-7. Madison's Autism makes dealing with the Leukemia and all the treatments that go with it extremely difficult. She is a very smart girl, but has limited communication skills and cannot tell others where she's hurt, or how she's feeling. Without her mom by her side, Madison would be lost.

As you can imagine, this ordeal has taken its toll on Madison's mom both emotionally and financially. Madison is a very picky eater and the hospital does not provide the foods she likes. She will also only wear certain clothes and use certain products that the hospital does not provide. Madison was supposed to have a bone marrow transplant in July, but unfortunately she remains too sick to get a transplant. Her prognosis is not good and now her mom wants to make sure that she is happy in the time she has left. Madison's biggest wish is to go to Disney World and her mom would like to make this wish come true while she can still enjoy it.

In an effort to raise money, my colleague and I decided to start selling our Handmade cards. We had a table at our schoolwide fundraiser on Saturday and it was a huge success! We have been offered tables at two more vendor fairs on November 17, but we are seriously low on cards! We currently have about 20 orders and still need to prepare for the upcoming vendor fairs. We both work full- time, and so making all these cards will be a challenge! I know how kind and talented all of you ladies are and so I am asking for your help. I have never done this before and hopefully will never have to do this again, but I need your help!

If you are anything like me, then you wil have a stash of cards waiting for the perfect occasion. I am asking you to please consider sending me some of those cards for us to sell to raise money for Madison. We are in need of cards for any occasion and especially Christmas cards. We are selling them for $2.50 each or 5 for $10.00. If you could send 5 cards, Christmas tags, gift card holders, or anything else we could sell at the upcoming vendor fairs, I would greatly appreciate it. Please help make Madison's wish come true. Thank you and please keep Madison and her mom in your prayers. My address is: Nicole Leger, 87 Phyllis Ave. Chatham, ON N7M 3C3 Canada.

Thank you again,
Nicole (aka jn_leger)
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Last edited by jn_leger; 10-22-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!