View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #320
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT221 ~ DESTINATION STATION...

MMTPT221 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Cincinnati, Ohio. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to the parents of Easton, a sweet little baby born with a rare and incurable desease. Easton was brought to our attention by fellow Teapotter Denise (Resqbarbie)

Easton was born with a very rare skin disorder, a severe form of Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), his skin blisters and comes off. His parent can't hold him and he is in pain 24/7. His pain is like the pain of a 3rd degree burn. Easton has been moved from New York where his family lived to Ohio and his parents are there with him. His 3 brothers are home in NY, just starting school and missing their mom and dad too. For more information on Baby Easton click here.. If you are so inclined, you can also make a donation for the family's expenses there. I have attached a picture of the family here and there are many pictures of sweet little Baby Easton on the website mentioned above...........it a very sad story.

This is the most recent update from Denise, in her own words.......

It seems that things are up and down...right now Easton is still in the hospital in Cincinnati and is intubated and they are checking him for a bone infection. The sad thing is this poor baby is alert and awake and even smiles. But he is on lots of pain meds too. I think the family would appreciate some encouraging cards and uplifting words. They believe in God and have frequent prayer requests. The parents are waiting for a room to open up at the local Ronald McDonald house.

As far as addresses.....

You can mail your cards to the parents at the hospital where Easton is. Denise says she knows the parents are both still at the hospital and if not, there are 2 Aunts and at least one Grandma there that can forward the cards. Here is that address:

Baby Easton Friedel
c/o NICU
3333 Burnet Avenue
MLC 1013
Cincinnati, OH 45229

This is the address where the parents have been staying, however, we have been unable to get an update on if they have been able to move into the local Ronald McDonald House. This may not be a good option because that could have happened......

Jared & Danielle Friedel (mom and dad)
c/o Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati
3024 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45219

If you are so inclined to send Baby Easton's brothers cards, this is the address to do that:

Baby Easton's Brothers
c/o Lori Bodoh
6499 Beech Tree Road
Auburn, NY 13021

Thank you from Sheri, Denise and me!
Attached Thumbnails
easons-family.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-22-2012 at 04:22 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!