View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #135
RiverIsis
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm in. And the only thing that shocked me about the winner is I predicted Fabio. TBH I wonder if they hadn't picked Anya last year if Fabio would have won this year. It was telling however, that they couldn't get a big industry name to like his collection for the interviews. Lord & Taylor loved Christopher (so I bet he gets a L & T job). Forgot who it was with Melissa and then Cosmo LOVED Dimytri. Lets be honest. The judges schmooze around with the industry before the come back to the judging runway. This last bit isn't just their opinion.

What I will say for Fabio is he did a "Spring" collection - to me the others weren't.

I agree with Nina about Christopher, he went too hard for too much of his collection. And he is very good at tailored feminine. Think Tim Gunn steered him there on the visit, but then again when someone uses an x-ray for a print it doesn't exactly scream ruffles and chiffon. I agree I think the pressure of Christopher winning so much got to him. But he screams potential in the Lord & Taylor market.

I did laugh when I saw Dimytri's model with the coat with fringe arms. Because I don't know if I wrote it here, but when they critiqued it I just thought "send the model down without a top underneath at all. That's runway! and he just about did.

And they slated Christopher for his gown looking different to the collection but what about Dimytri's??? all that sequins and netting with nothing geometric?

TBH I'm concerned about Melissa - I wanted to and didn't like her short leather white dress - side boob is not an attractive look in a dress that modestly covers front boob. That bothered me. Also she seems to make the same tube dress...

BTW I think the George Michael ******y queen you are referring for the All Stars is Josh. He was a catty PITA but I started to find him funny and didn't he comfort his plus size women when they had that challenge? I seem to remember he had a shocking redeeming quality but can remember for the life of me what.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!