View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
UnderstandBlue
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill stamps View Post
I just found this thread! I've been geocaching for 5 years under my current caching name, Will Stamp 4 Cache, and a couple of years before that with my DH under his name. He made me get my own name because he's very OCD about needing to be there and physically sign the logs himself, which meant I couldn't go find caches without him. Then I found out my kids had their own caching name, too, so I figured it was time. I prefer to use my Garmin Oregon 450 over my iPhone because the accuracy seems better. And I haven't upgraded to ios6 because I knew it would mess with my geocaching app on those occasions I do use it. I have a premium membership and really like not only being able to find and log premium caches and get notifications, but also to create pocket queries to download multiple caches at a time to my GPS. I use a program called GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to help with that. I think there's a free version, but DH paid for it.

Have any of you found "skirt lifters" yet? I remember when DH and I found our first one. We had 3 DNFs in a row before it occurred to us to check if those square boxes around the parking lot lights moved. Sure enough, all 3 of those caches were in a spot like that.

I love the event caches! I'm very social and love to meet new people. The events usually have groups of cachers going out together, too, which is always fun. We recently attended an event for the #1 geocacher in the world, Alamogul (formerly Team Alamo), who lives nearby. It was to mark his 75,000 find! Oh, and half the contacts in his cell phone are other geocachers so he can phone a friend.
Yay I'm so glad you are here!!!!

I will look you up over there and friend you. I am understandblue. I love the pocket queries too!

My neighbor and I just did our first event cache last weekend and it was SO fun - the people are so nice! I'm going caching Sunday with a person I consider to be a "famous" cacher - tfbrown. I can't wait! And Lignumaqua is my neighbor - his are so creative!

I HAVE found skirtlifters, but last one I found had a dead rat under it - LOL!!! That was a shock because it was called "Here Kitty" hahaha.

Anyway, I look forward to learning from you!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!