View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #1
Darth Debby
Crimping Master

Default Darth on the meaning of life

Why are we here? No not here at SCS - here - on the planet? Ahh, that is the question isn't it. Well my friends, grab a cup of cocoa, settle back, give your husband and kids a wink, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Sure we all know the biological "why", your randy parents couldn't keep their hands off of each other in the early days. Yes, even your parents had sex. Disturbing? Yes. Fact? Yes. Do we need to keep talking about it? No.

The real question each of you need to ask yourself is "why am I here". No, not me, Darth, you the reader. Is it an accident? Maybe - ahhh but I challenge your thinking on that - there are no accidents my friend. Except for the time Enrique caught his hand in an 8 track player thinking it was bagel toaster.

What do you have to offer the world? Hmmm..... every single one of you is offering something of yourself everyday that you may not even realize but is being noted in the big book of the universe. Enrique for instance: His clear sharp eyes with his long curly eyelashes, with that come hither look,always seeking, probing, hunting for an ounce of love and understanding in a cold, hard world. Whenever my little lost Enrique gets that look, I quietly walk over to him and put my hand gently on his shoulder and say in a firm strong voice,
"Snap out of it Enrique, we've got work to do!"

The meaning of life? Do good - if you can't do good - do your darndest - if you can't do that make some soup. Preferably something with cabbage - trust me this has trick properties that will empty out alot of badness inside of you.

Why are you here? Everybody has to be someplace - coincidence? I think not.

I know you were all expecting something a little bit funnier but I was feeling a little philisophical tonight and I would appreciate some leeway. I am addressing the Library of Congress tomorrow and I have to practice being serious for six minutes ergo the above presentation. I will be discussing the dewy decimal system for those interested in attending.

Comments and opinions on "The Meaning of Life" welcome,

I leave you,

Darth Debby
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!