Challenge Title: A Birthday in Pink!
Hostess: Mothermark aka Cindy
Date: Friday, October 19th, 2012
Welcome back to the 3rd Annual Hope You Can Cling To
SCS challenges! I can't believe another year has gone by! What a great cause for our cards during the month of October, Breast Cancer Awareness month. I am happy to host today!
This is my story!
1. Since many breast cancer patients are facing a long and difficult challenge in their fight against Breast Cancer, it would not surprise me, if there are many that will celebrate a birthday during their treatment at M.D. Anderson. So....
2. My own birthday falls during Breast Cancer Awareness Month and what better way to celebrate my birthday today than to host a Hope You Can Cling To challenge and watch the gallery fill up with wonderful birthday cards for Breast Cancer Patients! Cards that will all be sent and used for those breast cancer patients celebrating birthdays during their stay M.D. Anderson over the upcoming year.
3. Your challenge is an inspiration challenge. Just be inspired by the attached pictures. Birthday celebrations in pink! Pick your favorite picture and be inspired to make a birthday card in pink. Feel free to incorporate the pink cancer ribbon in your birthday card.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery,
with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!