I love love LOVE the watercolor look on cards, and I do have loads of materials to achieve that (Derwent Inktense, wc markers, subtle colored wc pencils) but it looks horrible everytime I use them.
I use watercolorpaper, aquapainter or blending pen. But these are my problems:
1. Picking up color from a sheet and color will leave stains. Guess of to much moist?
2. Less water will leave streaks which won't blend anymore.
3. Coloring with wc pencil on paper will leave pigment residue I think looks horrible.
4. Marker on paper won't blend that good.
5. Using blending pen will make my paper pill.
I just can't seem to get smooth washes with them.
If you look at the coloring here: Episode #3 Secretive Tilda Water Coloring: Clothes - YouTube
it looks so gorgeous without all the problem fuzz LOL
So any good tips are very much appreciated!!