View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #4504
kspiv
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Okay Y'all, my Upline is a genious She's making the Rudolph and Angry bird candy bar wrappers out of cardstock. She scored the two sides and had no problems with it sticking. Why didn't I think of that

I WILL do that for this next box! She scored twice on the right side and twice on the left side... maybe a quart inch apart. It looks really nice and crisp too.
Carole...this is what I do too. I also glue and crimp mine at the end and then the candy bar just slides right down in there and it doesnt fall out. I use the Tombow mono multi glue and all it needs after scoring the cardstock is a thin strip on the side you will be closing on the outside and a small bead across the bottom. I do have a crimper and it looks cute with it crimped at the bottom, but you could also just glue it without a crimp or not even worry about that. But honestly, it is so much easier to use cardstock and then score it. And yes, I score mine 1/4 inch apart on both the left and right sides. You are left with a perfect little pocket for your candy bar. I also use a dab of hot glue on the back and attach my hat. Then the hat stays on and all they have to do is tilt the hat back and slide the candy bar out. A lot of people were buying them as a little gift for elderly people they took care of who they knew loved chocolate, so I wanted to make them as easy for them to get out as possible.

I am charging $3 or 4/$10 for each snowman item I am making. I am doing hershey bars, microwave popcorn and life savers. they can mix and match. I like doing "for" deals because it gets people to buy more and they love saving a buck or two if they were going to buy several anyway.

PS...on the making the fleece hats (and I'm sure everyone has thought of this already!) but I cut a large strip of fleece and fold over and sew along the edge, then I cut each one down to about 4" and then make the hat from there. That way you are sewing a whole lot less than if you did each one individually. they held up just fine last year doing them this way.