View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #701
CraftyMel2
Crimping Master

I am close to tears and really hoping someone can help

I have a CB and I have probably 6 Sizzix Bigz dies...2 of which are boxes. I can cut tags and shapes just fine with the sandwiches listed on the fabulous chart here but when it comes to boxes, nothing seems to work. They score all over the place but don't cut all the way through. I add a piece of paper/cardstock you name it, I either get cut all over (through the score lines and all) or I get just score lines. I have tried the gasket stuff and also a crease mat and just don't have any luck. I am very tempted to just call it a day and get a Big Shot because when I watch videos, every cut is perfect. What exactly is the difference? Is it the pressure? Are the plates a hair thicker/thinner between the 2 machines? What am I doing wrong? I have had my CB for a few years and it has always served me well...but now that I have discovered boxes, I fear I may have to chuck a perfectly good machine. Does anyone have a tried and true method for the pillow box and/or the bitty box in the CB? Thanks in advance...I am just so frustrated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!