View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #21
stamphappy1650
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
I took a look at them and on first glance it seems to me that, unlike the classic rectangles which increase in size proportionately, the Matting Basics don't. If you look at the A set you can see what I mean.

A-2 Matting Basics A

Ideally, I guess you would want both sets of the Matting Basics and both of the Classic Rectangles if you want to be able to cut most of your rectangles with your die cut machine.

It seems like a lot of money to spend when you can use a cutter to cut whatever size rectangle you want. So my question is: Why would I want to have them? Maybe someone who has them can answer both our questions.

I have sets A & B and I'm not sorry that I have them. Yes, I can easily cut the layers with my trimmer, but not perfect every single time especially when making 1/8" cuts. Also, I find it annoying to cut frames and I really prefer frames over layering. Having both sets of mats gives me a wide range of frame options.

I can't say that everyone should run out a get the sets, but for me, they are well worth the money because they are something that actually works like expected.