Challenge Title: Pinking Shears
Hostess: muzbysmom (Lynn )
Date: Wednesday, October 17
When I think about October I think about Breast Cancer Awareness Month and when I think of Breast Cancer Awareness Month I think of pink. When I think of pink I think of pinking shears - those strange scissors that fascinated me in my Mother's sewing kit. Your challenge is to make a card with a decorative edge!
The first thought I had for decorating the edge of a card involved cutting with things like decorative edge scissors, edgelets, or decorative edge border punches. And then when out browsing at a craft store I ran across an embossing folder from Cuttlebug called Pinking Stitch. It only embosses the edge of the card stock. I then remembered the Framed Tulips embossing folder from Stampin' Up. It just embosses the edge of a card also. Who's to say that's not a decorative edge? I'm sure there must be many other ways to decorate the edge of your card! I'm looking forward to seeing what all of you come up with!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!