View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
Cook22
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Default Photo Challenge #163 ~ Fine China {10/17/2012}

Bleah, I'm still getting over another bad cold. At least we had a long weekend away and I was able to rest a lot as well as taking time to enjoy the scenery - some to come for older challenges.

I don't know about you - I don't use china much. When it comes to tea and coffee I like a good big mug. But surely everybody has the odd bit of fine china - old or new - around the house?
For my photos here I just took what was to hand in the sitting room.
The teapot was acquired from an elderly family friend; her uncle was a ship's captain and had brought it back from the Far East. I've no idea how old it is. Sadly I broke one of the cups a couple of years ago, but it was never a complete set anyway.
The vase was a present for my 21st from friends who had just got back from teaching in Singapore for 3 years. It was beautifully packaged in a wooden box which I also still have.
The little cups are a recent acquisition from the Japanese Cultural Centre in Paris. We both love the gift shop there! I use these for little chocolate mousses, mostly.

I do have more to come later if I only make the time. What china do you have?

Photo Challenge Rules:

~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ Please jump in and join us in the photo challenges at anytime!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chinateapot.jpg (83.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg chinavase.jpg (57.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg chinacups.jpg (48.6 KB, 14 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!